[ddots-l] Selecting Sound Card for Jaws on Vista

  • From: "Chi Kim" <ms22282@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:22:11 -0500

Hi,

Is there way to make Jaws to use a certain sound card other than the default on
Windows Vista? Changing the port for synth in jfw.ini doesn't seem to work. I
think it works only in xp.
I really think Freedom Scientific should add a setting to change sound card
like Winamp or other programs. It will not just benefit people like us who do
recording production but also other people who do presentation. Let's say if
you wanna do a powerpoint presentation which includes video and sound clips,
and you don't want your audience to hear your Jaws while doing the presentation.
So, does anyone have a solution to this?

Chi