[ddots-l] Re: MOTU 8PRE, Anyone?

  • From: "Mike C" <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:09:33 -0500

the 8 pre is a fantastic piece of equipment except for the fact that you
wouldn't be able to use the control panel software which comes with the card at
this point is the panel is inaccessible.  However you can use input monitoring
in Sonar, and use all of your mike inputs on the 8 pre, and record your drums
with no problems.  I currently have two of them and I love the unit is it works
very with Windows vista, and the quality of sound is fantastic despite the in
accessible control panel software, which you can use with a control surface if
you need to use the dirrect monitoring.  Despite the inaccessible control panel
software the card is definatly worth it, and i'm sure the folk at Motu are
working on making the panel accessible.