[ddots-l] Re: Ready to trash producer 8.3

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:57:13 -0400

Hi Bryan,

Question: Am I correct in assuming that you need a 64-bit machine to take
advantage of that engine?

Also, I have another question that's kind of related to mixing, but it has more
to do with rendering. When I use an external encoder to convert to MP3, Sonar
will run the encoder software okay; however, the resulting conversion has the
extension of .mp3.tmp. I can't for the life of me figure out why that's
happening. Any thoughts as to what's up with that? The external encoder
software I'm using is Switch Sound File Converter. I can play the files fine;
the work-around that I'm using at the moment is to simply rename them after the
fact. I have all of the switches set correctly as far as the encoder's
concerned, and as far as I know, I have it laid out according to what Sonar
requires in the command line field.

Thanks; and keep up the great work.

Mike