[ddots-l] Re: Question about drive placement

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:53:35 -0500

Actually if you have a 10000 rpm sata drive and a 7200 rpm ide drive, I
would  use the 10000 rpm sata for the OS, because it is in fact faster both
for data transfer because of sata and drive access because of its rpm.
If both drives are sata and 1 is 10000 rpm and the other 7200, I would still
use the 10000 for the OS, as after 7200 there's really not much improvements
for audio. O and make sure he formats the audio drive using 64kb blocks, I
found this to give a performance boost, though it will vary from system to
system. But usually if you use mainly large files and it's a large (160+)
drive, then this format style might help. Otherwise, keep it as the 4kb
default.

HTH, D!J!X!

  _____