[ddots-l] Re: Question about AAA templates and more

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 17:49:14 -0400

Hi Mario,

The Session Drummer has a good brush kit, but it's kind of weak on flexibility; that is, there aren't enough variations on what you're looking for - particularly when it comes to the stir. Perhaps the Superior Drummer users can chime in and give you some info on what Jazz stuff is available with that plug-in. The Garritan Jazz and Big Band plug-in has a decent brush kit that'll give you some control over things like the stir sound, etc. I use it, and I like it. The only thing is that if you're particular about wanting drum sounds routed to separate tracks, you'll have to do what I did, and that was that I designed a drum map that keys multiple instances of the plug-in loaded on different tracks so I can have more control over volume levels. It's a bit involved, but once you get it done, you can save the drum map - then set up project templates and save them so you won't have to do this every time you need these setups.

Hope this helps.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario Markovina" <mariomarkovina@xxxxxxxxx>