[ddots-l] Re: Problem with sequencing song sections that contain a lot of notes

  • From: "Goldfingas" <goldfingas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:32:04 -0400

Remember, if you are using a synth that counts voices or elements, that
could play a part in it as well. For example, you have a patch that may have
a piano and strings together, even if this patch is not a sound that you
layered, it still could take up 2 notes of polyphony because it uses 2
elements. There are patches in the motif, for example  that use more than 1
element per patch . I don't know what you are using as a synth, some may
even use 3 or 4. So you may want to watch that also. Another thing is that
string patches also take up a lot of polyphony.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much on this. if I did, just let me know and I
will try to explain it better. its early for me, and I am not feeling my
best.

GF