[ddots-l] Please help me for my degree assignment

  • From: "Dimitrios Tsakiridis" <dtsak27@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:23:56 +0300

Hello list:

My name is Dimitrios Tsakiridis, and I am from Greece.
I study in the University of Macedonia, in Thessaloniky of Greece, in the music department. I play the piano, and I study also on the Harmony lessons, and Klassic monody, in the odium.
I using a lap top PC, with Jaws screan reader.
I using also Sibelius software, with Sibelius speaking, for our harmony lessons.

Now, I am in the last year of my University, and I need to make a degree assignment.
The titleis:
The music education for blind people.
So, I need some information from blind of other countries.
If you want help me, please answer in the following questions.

1. What kind of technical items for music, can be used by a blind student,
or teacher?

2. How many music schools, or other music departments, are there  that a
blind person  can join?

3. What about for sound recording, studio work, or electronic work on the
Music?

About the Monody and Chorus:
1. How can a blind student take lessons for monody, or chorus?

2. What kind of songs can one sing  in the monody, or in the chorus,
for example, operas, arias, or traditional music?

3. What about the books of other parts for these lessons?

4. What's matter, when the teatcher is a blind? How he can teatching lessons
of monody, or chorus?

5. What about the lessons Harmony, solphez, History of music, fuga, and
counterpoint?

6. How a blind student or teatcher can use the braille type, on the all
kinds of music?

7. What other kind of music can get a blind people?

8. What about the help from government, or other public organism, or from the blind organization, if a blind people want to take some technical items, for example a computer with screan reader, Braille printer, scanner, software for music like Sonar Sibelius, and other?

9. How the blind organization, or government, help the blind people, for study of public school, secondary school, high school, and university?

10. How a blind people can to find a Braille book for the school, or for the music? How public book cases there are in your country, that they have Braille books, electronic books, or other items for blind students?

11. How many Braille printing offices there are in your country?

About the recording studios:
How a blind people can to make a recording studio, How he can find the money for any material, for technical item? What a blind people make in this studio, What matter for any music material, wich he make?

What is the help, when a blind people decide to make a recording studio?

What about the career, for the blind musician? Can he teatching in the normal school? What kind of music lessons, can to teatching in the normal school?

Your help will be very important for me.

Best regards, Dimitrios Tsakiridis.