[ddots-l] Re: Mixing down audio

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawnbrock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:02:28 -0400

hello john. compression is a valueable thing to me. by useing it ofcorse things can sound some what tighter, if that makes any sence. i like some of the cake walk pre sets, and i hav made most of my own. the acoustic guitar pre set, and the guitar compression pre set are the 2 cake walk pre sets i use. they giv you quite a volume boost. some times i will put some compression on the master busses affects ben, as well as putting compression on sirten tracks. dont get me rong over here, i'm not a compressing fool... well a fool but..... i dont, get happy with the stuff. some records i hav recorded, compression was used varry little, maby a little on the master, and a little on the vocals, and others i hav compression on all most every thing. it just depends on what sounds good to me at the time. but for sure try the cake walk compresser out with the pre sets, you will find some of them useful. take care!
Shawn Brock
Cincinnati Sound Lab
130 East Sixth Street
Cincinnati Oh.