[ddots-l] Re: Mising Soft Synths

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:23:40 -0400

No problem...hey and for future notice, if you are ever uninstalling a
version of sonar after an update, don't uninstall the shared components...or
there will go your soft synths...

 HTH, D!J!X!

  _____

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:04 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Mising Soft Synths

Hello DJX:

Again, thanks for all your help. This one even stumped the tech support crew
at Cakewalk. TO their credit, they actually spent almost 2 hours on the
phone with me and we still couldn't find the soft synths.  I finally
resolved the issue the hard way. I uninstalled EVERYTHING!! remotely related
to Cakewalk and CakeTalking. I then reinstalled Cakewalk 6.0, 6.01 and 6.2,
started each of those once and then finally installed CakeTalking. And, all
of my soft synths are now back.

I think the problem may have been some old remnants of Sonar 4 and 5 which I
found out on the drive lurking around. Think one of them could have been
interfering with the VST scanning process.

Anyway, all is working and thanks again
Jeff.