[ddots-l] Re: Mastering

  • From: "Studio Montebello" <studiomontebello@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 00:32:13 -0500

    I completely agree with Chris here!
There are many good reasons to use sound forge to master an album.
Just to name a few:
1. It's real easy to move between different songs to judge the relative
sonic quality and the relative loudness of each.
2. The peak and RMS meters are very easy to read.
3. You can export all the songs into CD architect at once for CD burning.
4. It's always a good idea to separate the mixing chores with the mastering!
5. I find the plug ins more accessible in sound forge than in sonar. At
least those I use most of the time,, namely voxengo and particularly Waves.
6. Scrubbing is really outstanding in sound forge, making it real easy to
work on differen part of the song.
These are the main reasons and there are a few more...
Jean

Please visit my Web site at: www.studiomontebello.com