[ddots-l] Re: Ivory question

  • From: David Eagle <onlineeagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:17:28 +0100

It probably depends on what options you've selected when you chose to
insert Ivory as a softsynth. There's a list of options. I can't
remember what they are off hand, because I'm not at the computer with
sonar (as usual), but you can tab through these options and tell sonar
whether to create audio/midi tracks, load the synth's property page
and whether to load the synth rack view. I'm using Ivory Italian
Grand, and I need to access the different instrument types from within
the Ivory window directly. it's the only accessable way I've found. I
can't access the instruments by the track properties window like you
could for instance with the TTS or RXP synth. I have to use the Ivory
window, just like you do with dimension pro for instance. From there
I've created a rudimentary HSC file to access the programme browser.
After that I use the jaws cursor and select my instrument that way. I
can then access other features like perspective, timbre etc in the
track inspector. Obviously, there is no point going into detail about
this  because you're probably not using italian grand. I'm also going
to be using the upright pianoes soon and so we'll see how that works.

I'm sure this hasn't helped at all, but if you're using Italian grand
then I can help you.

--
http://www.davideagle.co.uk