[ddots-l] Re: Hard synths are restored but soft synths and all audio still gone

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:10:13 -0600

Dear Georgian and all,
    I got it all working finally.  The audio was failing because my two
2408s had their connections reversed which meant that the master bus was
routed to the wrong 2408.
    The problem with the MIDI connections was a little more difficult.
Somehow, the synths got crossed up so that they were in the wrong order.
This caused all my drum maps to be out of order and my instrument
definitions to be incorrectly assigned.  The solution was to remove the MIDI
Yoke outputs and the USB outputs I had and put the hardware outputs at the
top.  Then I added back the USB and MIDI Yoke outputs and now everything is
back in the correct order.
    thanks to Luis Alorza for all his help.
    Phil, this is one that you might even want to put in your database if
you haven't already.
Best,
Kevin