[ddots-l] GREAT MIXING OPPORTUNITY

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:20:48 -0500

Ok gang, let's hear what you can do!

Want to have a crack at mixing something recorded at Abbey Road studios with top people, gear and that iconic room sound?

Check out the Session Notes column in the December issue of Sound on Sound magazine. Read about all the equipment and positioning used, download the audio, and submit your mix for consideration for the actual album!

Quoting from the article:
"SOS readers wanting to hone their mixing skills frequently ask where they can download multitrack session files. The Internet makes it easy enough to get hold of multitracks from amateur and semi-pro productions, but it's still rare to find unmixed audio from sessions tracked in top-flight studios. To that end, Tom Misner has kindly made available the full multitrack audio and Pro Tools Session file for the song 'Catching Up'. What's more, says Tom: 'If we choose your mix, and you do it better than me, I'll put you on the album!'"

Article at:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec13/articles/session-notes-1213.htm

"To put your mix up for consideration for Lyndsey Ollard's album, make it available for download and email
mixcompetition@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
indicating where we can find it."

I'm not on the Reapers without Peepers list, so can someone redistribute this over there? Thanks.

Chris