[ddots-l] Re: Cake Talking Tutorial Refusing To Read With Jaws

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:25:23 -0500

no idea Josh.

What have you changed on your computer recently? Jaws or Windows or MS Office upgrades? Something else?

Have you tried restoring to a known good restore point with Windows System Restore?

Have you tried opening the HTML version of the CakeTalking tutorial in your web browser? if so, what happens?

At 04:05 PM 11/21/2013, you wrote:

Sent from my iPhone. . Hey everyone.
I am having a major problem trying to read the cake talking tutorial with jaws. I have jaws 13 on my laptop. It will only read lesson 1 of the tutorial and when i go through the list of contents with insert f 7 and press enter on any of the links to try and open them, jaws is refusing to go to that link. The same thing happens when I try to search the document as well when I press control f to search for something in the document. For example, I pressed control f and typed in lesson 53 to go to lesson 53 but nothing happened. And when jaws eventually gets to the end of lesson 1 it just says end of lesson and it won't read any further. This is really frustrating as I can't read the rest of the tutorial except lesson 1. It used to work fine and would jump to any link i wanted it to jump to but now for some reason it's not doing that. It will read some pdf documents and html documents fine, but others it won't read them or will only read bits of them. Does anyone else have this same problem ?

Any help with this would be much appreciated, as I really don't want to have to uninstall and then reinstall jaws again unless I really have to.

Kind regards,
JoshPLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE!
ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectsubscribe