[ddots-l] Re: Fwd: 50% off Sibelius 4 upgrades - December 11th to 15th

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <danrugman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:22:31 -0000

Extremely good question!

Its getting increasingly more difficult to buy copies of software that's well over a year out of date. Moreover, most copiests and other composers are using Sibelius 4 now, which is at times a problem for those of us who have to write large amounts of complex music to a tight deadline. Fortunately, I have a copiest who is happy to keep Sibelius 3 on her system. I would also point out that it is difficult for educators to have to keep using two different versions of the same software, which are not identical. Sibelius 4 also has some new features which I for one would like to get at.

If new scripts are on the way then it would be very useful to have at least an approximate release date, and if it has been decided not to develop the Sibelius scripts any further, then we should be informed. It seams to me that all the focus has been on Sonar in recent years. In the last few months we have had releases of CT5 and I am lead to believe that 6 is nearing completion but there has been no open discussion of the state of Sibelius and to be frank, this is causing a problem.

Dan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maree Steinway" <maree.steinway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sibelius" <infousa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06 Dec 2006 17:02:47 -0800

Receive 50% off* your Sibelius 4 upgrade
December 11 - 15, 2006

The Sibelius Upgrade Sale gives you the chance to upgrade for as little as $64.50 plus shipping and handling.

<http://www.sibelius.com/jumpgate/808/>Order online: www.sibelius.com/shop/upgrades.html
All qualifying upgrade orders placed from December 11th at 6am (PST)
through December 15th at 5:30pm (PST) will receive a 50% discount on Sibelius 4
Sibelius 4 features:
Produce accompaniments and arrangements: never write out parts again!
Dynamic PartsT: changes in your score are automatically linked
ArrangeT: ideal for students learning instrumental writing
Quickly create exercises, worksheets, posters
Compose to any video file

Orders can be placed during the sale period online at www.sibelius.com or by calling 888-474-2354
<http://www.sibelius.com/jumpgate/809/>Promotional code: EUS1

*This offer does not include Site License upgrades or the Sibelius 4 Competitive Upgrade. Offer valid for registered Sibelius 1, 2, & 3 copies only (excluding Site License copies) during 12/11/06-12/15/06. Additional shipping and handling will apply. UPS Ground/standard shipping only. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.

Sibelius
1407 Oakland Blvd.
Suite 103
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Phone:925.280.0600
Fax:925.280.0008
infousa@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.sibelius.com
Opt-out information
If you'd prefer not to receive email from Sibelius, <http://www.sibelius.com/jumpgate/811/>click here To receive emails from Sibelius in a plain text format, <http://www.sibelius.com/jumpgate/812/>click here.
<http://www.sibelius.com/documents/privacy.html>Privacy policy

<http://www.sibelius.com/jumpgate/716/>

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

** [mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe]