[ddots-l] Re: Fw: ddots-l: latency problem

  • From: Dave Bahr <David.C.Bahr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:55:45 -0700

Thank you, it's probably out there a bunch of times along with some test
messages which just got sent about half an hour ago. Sory for all this clutter
on the server.
Dave Bahr
  Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:04:35 -0700

  Hi folks, this has probably been asked for, but i'm new with all of this
stuff.
  I am running the following specs and cannot get sound through a wdm driver
but can
  through mme32 and the microsoft  wavetable synth. Unfortunately there is
noticeable
  latency between key press and action, resulting in the only thing to be
played to
  the click being quarter notes, I lose it when I try to do 16ths. I spent a
good 5
  hours on this.
  specs are:
  Win xp 32 bit, 2 gb matched ram, core 2 duo processor, delta 1010lt
soundcard, jfw
  9.0 and CT 7 and sonar 7. Is that enough info? Oh running a midair wireless
midi
  device as well since the keyboard is about 12 ft away from the computer.
  I have tired the asio driver but when I load sonar I get a message saying
something
  like, "no assio driver support," on the system, and the word creative is in
there
  somewhere.
  This should be fixable, there probably is just little tiny checkbox that I'm
not
  looking at, right? I am also having the same problem with like and goodfeel
where
  there is a delay that is equal to a 16th note. When I play things back
however it
  sounds fine.
  any help is greatly appreciated, and if I could perhaps skype or call someone
  talk me through it in realtime, twould be much appreciated.
  thanks, I hope to get this fixed soon.

  Dave Bahr

  Click for online loan, fast & no lender fee, approval today