[ddots-l] Bounce Metronome: This Guy Needs Our Support and Encouragement!

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 23:48:31 -0400

Hi folks.

I've stumbled across a very feature rich metronome program for the PC, called Bounce Metronome. It's author, who goes by the name Robert the inventor, is thoroughly on board with us when it comes to screen reader access.
http://www.bouncemetronome.com/

(Look for the link that says "view screen reader friendly site"* near the top.

Not only is he doing his best to implement keyboard shortcuts, but he says the following right at the top of the keyboard shortcut help! "I have tested these shortcuts with Window Eyes and Jaws - two widely used screen readers, also with Microsoft Narrator, the lightweight screen reader that comes with Windows XP and later."

Now, when have you seen that from a mainstream software developer? I never have before.

He's practically giving this thing away, with educational discounts, discounts for seniors, and several levels of discount for those on limited or no income.

If you need swing rhythms and really advanced polyrhythm training, you'll want Bounce Metronome Pro, for $29. (with the maximum available discount, it's only $3 or so!) But if you want odd time capability and most other things people want in a metronome, the basic version will be fine, only $9 or a lot less with discounts.

You can test drive the full product for 30 days, and even ask for an extension at the 30 day mark if you want to keep testing it out.

I write all this not because I have any connection with the programmer, but just because his level of screen reader awareness is so high, and he's willing to work with us to improve this area of his product.

He really could use our feedback!

If you try out the program, be sure to let him know what you think at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Currently, the program detects that you are using a screen reader, and comes up talking a heck of a lot, tooltips, long descriptions of every control, etc. This may be overwhelming - it was for me. Once you open the program, hit CONTROL+F1 to bring up the extensive keyboard shortcut help, which will open in your web browser. I would start there and learn some keystrokes, before diving in.

Chris

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering: http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog
Dropbox, Share Files Easily: http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt