[ddots-l] Re: 48 versus 44.1 for recording

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:25:23 -0000

Chris, you raise some very valid points here.  Yup, you would definitely
need some very good hi end converters for the conversion.  Have always
tracked here at 24 bit 44.1.  Having said that, will take a look at the
Izotope thing in Sound forge as have that here.  When doing this previously,
I have used the sample conversion thing in Sound Forges processing menu but,
suspect that the Izotope method would be way better than that.  Also, there
is a lot to be said for keeping all of this in the digital domain that is
assuming that they have gotten the math right.  On a side note, have
personally always been happy with Sonar's PowR3 dither and think it does a
better job than Sound Forge.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021