[dbaust] Re: ndis

  • From: "Janne Bidenko" <janneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:07:44 +1100

Hi Trudy,
Stephen Hallinan from Newcastle and I will be attending the following meeting
on 24th November, we will feedback information.

Thanks,
Janne Bidenko

NDIS in the Hunter: Getting In Control

Saturday 24 November - Newcastle

On the 1July 2013 the National Disability Insurance Scheme will be launched in
the Hunter, one of five launch sites across Australia

? Interested to know what this means for you and your family?

? Want more information to be better prepared?

? Hoping to find ways to strengthen the voice and involvement of people with
disability and their families? Then this event is for YOU !

The event welcomes:

? People with disability, families, friends and allies interested in emerging
opportunities

? Service providers interested in assisting people with disability to build the
lives they want

? Anyone interested to know more about the NDIS as it begins in the Hunter

The NDIS promises individualised funding for people who need long term care and
support. If you are wondering what this could mean for you, come and hear real
stories from everyday people with disability and families in NSW about the who,
what, when, where, why and how of using support.

There will be plenty of time for questions from the audience.

 Share first-hand experiences of people with disability and their families who
lead the lives they want as the result of having control of their
individualised funding

Hear ideas about how to give voice, choice and control to people in the Hunter,
including information about disability support/ user led organisations within
Australia & overseas

Hear an update from a representative of the NDIS Transition Agency & have your
questions answered

Join in discussion about what you can do NOW to prepare for new opportunities

Venue: Panthers Newcastle

Cnr King and Union Streets Newcastle West

Event Time:

Registration Opens at 9am

9.30 am -1.00 pm - All welcome

9.30am - 4pm for people with disability, family & friends

Let us know if you require support to attend

Please Note: afternoon session is only for people with disability, family &
friends & will focus on the development of user led/ disability support
organisation in the Hunter

Lunch will be provided for those staying for the afternoon.

Cost:

Service providers - $100

People with disability, family members and friends - $15

Registration:

Online at NDIS in the Hunter: Getting in Control

Or www.ndishunter.net.au

Or email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or call: (02) 495 70 846

Registrations close on Friday 16 November, 2012

Speakers Include:

People with disability and family members sharing their experiences of
individualised funding and managing their own supports

A representative from the NDIS Transition Agency

.