[dbaust] Fw: New technology

  • From: "Heather Lawson" <lawsonhj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:27:07 +1100

For your information if you have not heard about this.

Hi All,
This information is just for your interest, I think I may have mentioned this
new development in technology to you a long time ago.  It is a glove that is
being developed for deafblind users.  The deafblind person wears the glove and
tactile sign onto the glove this is then sent as a message to either mobile
phones or another person wearing a glove.  The glove can receive messages from
mobile phones or another glove and translate the message into a tactile message
on the glove.  This would be so great as the deafblind person can communicate
without a tranlator and also communicate with more than one person at a time.
Below is a link to a video about the glove.
http://tombieling.com/