[dbaust] Brimbank Local Council Community Leadership Program

  • From: "Trudy Ryall" <trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 23:13:42 +1100

FYI

I recently completed the Brimbank Local Council Community Leadership Program.
The Leadership program provides an opportunity for eligible community members
to build and strengthen their leadership skills and aims to support their
contributions towards making Brimbank a diverse, active and well-connected
community with high participation in community life.

From this has provided me more opportunities such as getting on committees,
getting other training and development and being invited to functions. I asked
for support for my deaf blind needs for example taxi fares were provided to me.
 I graduate at a ceremony night in December 2012.

I encourage all deaf blind people to get involved in their communities and the
local councils to raise awareness about deaf blindness.

Trudy Ryall
trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx
0428 393 408