[dbaust] Announcement of new Vision Australia CEO

  • From: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:24:58 -0700 (PDT)

From: Julie Hodson <Julie.Hodson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Announcement of new Vision Australia CEO

Please see e-mail below from Kevin Murfitt, Vision Australia Board Chair,
announcing the appointment of Vision Australiaâs new CEO.
Dear everyone,
I know most of you are looking forward to hearing about our new CEO.
It gives me great pleasure to tell you that the Board has confirmed the
appointment of Mr Ron Hooton to the position. Ron currently heads a New Zealand
healthcare service provider, ProCare Health Limited.
He will move to Melbourne to take up his appointment early in the New Year.
David Speyer, General Manager Corporate Services, will continue as Acting CEO
until Ron fills the permanent position.
We have chosen Ron from a strong field of candidates because we believe he
brings excellent leadership and collaborative wisdom to our organisation at a
critical point in its development.
We (my Board colleagues and I) believe he has got the capacity to understand
the organisation from the perspective of staff, clients and our volunteers. We
highly value this collective knowledge and professionalism you have and see
these qualities as significant factors in our future success.
It is clear that Ronâs record is one of having excellent people skills. We
found him to be warm and inclusive. His leadership approach is based around
empowering individuals and leading by example.
In our search for a new CEO, we were seeking three critical features:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Ensuring that our clients are at the centre of the organisationâs
focus;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Creating an open and transparent organisation and;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Creating a cohesive and engaged leadership team.
His skill set, career and professional history made him an excellent fit for
those critical features, and for positioning Vision Australia for a strong
future, which includes our preparation for the National Disability Insurance
Scheme (NDIS).
Ron has been the CEO of ProCare Health Limited (New Zealandâs largest Primary
Healthcare Organisation) for the past seven years. ProCare employs 750 doctors
who provide care for 800,000 patients across the greater Auckland area. He
presided over unprecedented growth, built financial sustainability, and managed
the development of information and communications technologies that supported
patient care.
Ron is also a director and former Chair of Childfund NZ, an international
non-government organisation that distributes $12 million a year to development
projects in third-world countries.
Ron is married and has two adult sons. We are looking forward to him joining us
here at Vision Australia.
Warm regards,
Kevin Murfitt
Chair, Vision Australia