[dayton-oracle] a dayton-oracle-organizers list

  • From: "Catherine Devlin" <catherine.devlin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dayton-oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:07:49 -0400

For those of you who made it to our organizational pre-meeting on Tuesday
afternoon, thanks so much!  For those of you who wanted to make it but
couldn't, congratulations; you've been elected Treasurer.

(Just kidding.  Minutes on the meeting will be forthcoming, maybe later
today.)

Anyway, we discussed a whole range of issues, and will be discussing them
much more; we need a way to go on with the discussion, without cluttering up
this list with a huge amount of traffic.  (When I cajoled you into
subscribing to dayton-oracle, I promised it would be a low-volume,
just-the-facts list.)  To that end, we now have a second mailing list,
parallel to this one:

dayton-oracle-organizers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

d-o-organizers is for everybody who wants to take part in the conversation
about how the group and its meetings are going to be organized and
arranged.

The list you're reading now, dayton-oracle, will be used to announce meeting
times, places, etc. once they're actually decided.  If you want to take part
in these decisions, send an email with the word "subscribe" (only) in the
subject line to
dayton-oracle-organizers-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<dayton-oracle-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe>If
you just want to let somebody else figure the details out and save your
inbox for actual meeting announcements, do nothing and just continue to read
dayton-oracle.  If you were at Tuesday's meeting, or indicated an interest
in Tuesday's meeting but couldn't make it, I presumed to subscribe you to
d-o-organizers already.

Thanks!

P. S. : My company, IntelliTech Systems, is looking for another DBA.  (No,
not to replace me.  I think.)  Write me if you're interested.
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/