[softwarelist] font substitution in OPro

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:23:56 +0100

trying to open a document in OPro (2.77), i realize i don't really
know what this oft-seen message means:

     This document uses 1 font (Frutiger.Black) which is not
     present.
     Do you want to reflow the document with a new font?
        ? Permanent replacement
        ? Stop loading document
        ? Temporary substitution

OK, the second option is obvious, but what actually happens in the
first or third options?  which font gets used?  do style definitions
that called Frutiger get revised?  what other implications?

i notice that if i say Permanent, the document opens without the
expected asterisk in its titlebar that would signal an unsaved change.

searched the index of the OPro manual before posting but couldnt find
any answer there.

as you can tell, i'm still a newbie in OProland.

--
>>> no need to reply my entire message back to me ;=]
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
   Abbey Press   32 Norbins Rd        (01458) 83 3603
   Glastonbury   BA6 9JG         pocket 0797 415 3861