[softwarelist] Re: Smart quotes feature

  • From: Martin Vethake <martinv@xxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:57:31 +0100

Am 26.03.2010 15:36, schrieb David Pilling:
Of course I don't know what these symbols are - give me a Unicode value.
But it seemed to me the scrambling was a result of passing through
Brian's mail program not mine.

That would be U+201E and U+201C then. TypoWiki gives a nice rendering

  99/66

which BTW is rather astounding because U+201C is named
'double left quote', in Windows at least.

We can see your message on the web too (unsullied by my Windows mailer):

//www.freelists.org/post/davidpilling/Smart-quotes-feature,1

The quotes there look like the ones in my email program.

The characters are already mangled there.

Regards
--
Martin Vethake
Uffenkamp Computer Systeme