[softwarelist] Re: Smart quotes feature

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:44:18 +0000

In message <c6479ffd50.martinv@xxxxxx>, Martin Vethake <martinv@xxxxxx> writes

Is it possible to change the glyphs used for the 'Smart quotes'
feature? Since in Germany we use instead of (”•) (–”) I am forced
to either not use the feature or fix the quotes manually.

It should be easy to edit the source code of the smart quotes applet, replace the quotes with whatever glyphs you like.

I'm fascinated by what you use in German, at the moment they look a bit like the smileys for "one eyebrow missing"...

In the Win version it is this bit of code:

    type("{deletef}"+((c==''')?"{quotesingleleft}":"{quotedoubleleft}"));
   else
    type("{deletef}"+((c==''')?"{quotesingleright}":"{quotedoubleright}")
);

but the Win version understands glyph names, on Acorn it will be characters, but at least the above shows you where each character goes.