[softwarelist] Re: Save after Delete Page causes OPW to crash

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 10:34:41 +0100

In message <53476c1cf9dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <rWHlE6G$ithRFwiU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,

> [Snip]

>> There's another piece of odd behaviour I've noticed with OPW. Normally,
>> whe= n you open a Windows (e.g. WORD) document and then re-save it, it
>> is saved = to the same folder. At the moment, my copy of OPW seems to
>> want to save doc= uments to the folder where another document was last
>> saved. In other words,=
>>   say I save document FRED to directory BERT, then switch to directory
>> PETE = and open a new document TOM. When I come to re-save TOM, instead
>> of saving = to PETE, OPW tries to save to directory BERT. Is this normal
>> behaviour for = OPW?

>> Clive Bonsall

> FWIW. Clive, that *doesn't* happen here, Saves as expected to the Dir from
> which the file was opened.

> Win OvPro 2.92 (11th Dec 2012) running on Win 7 Pro 64bit.

> Dave

There's a difference (or should be) between opening an existing file
from a new location, in which case save should save over that file,
and opening a NEW file, then saving, which would be expected to save
to the last save location. I don't have OPW, so I can't see what it
does.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx