[softwarelist] Re: Referenced images and DDL

  • From: David Thomas <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:55:09 +0100

Anthony Hilton wrote:

Dave Thomas - This is the bit you need to work round the problem - use search
and replace on the DDL file to make the relative paths absolute and a new
document will still have referenced pictures, just not be so portable.

Thanks for that. {filepath} having no initial value makes sense.

My understanding of Dave's original post was that he had a document with
embedded pictures which he changed to all referenced by relative paths and
then took a DDL file as insurance but found that he lost the references.

Not quite - the DDL file contained the relative references as expected, but they just weren't being resolved into pictures upon reload. Now that I know that {filepath} has no inital value in this circumstance I've changed them to be relative to the parent application directory and that works.

By way of some background, I'm storing the document in DDL format in a CVS repository. That way I can diff against previous versions.

Regards,
Dave