[softwarelist] Re: Referenced images and DDL

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:33:07 +0100

In message <Marcel-1.53-0626165325-b49ZSTv@xxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Sorry I didn't make my meaning clear. In light of the last paragraph which
was snipped (an OPro document with a relative path may also hold a
no-longer-valid full path), is it possible to make OPro put in something for
a full path (which is valid even though that is not where the referenced
pictures are) when creating the new document from the DDL? I mentioned
OvationPro$Dir because it will always evaluate to a valid path.

No.

It would be a good idea - OP is not too smart at handling missing referenced images.

The folder containing the document and the pictures has a folder called
TempCSD and TempCSD is set as the CSD from the filer. The DDL from the
document is saved to the same folder as the document and the pictures.

Sorry. It was just an idea.

Are these behaviours the same in the Windows version?

The major point about filepath and DDL will be the same.

Is there an easy way (a global way) to change all pictures in a document from
embedded to referenced?

No.

Perhaps an easier fix would be to evaluate the relative path to an absolute
path when saving DDL. It might also be useful to solely (I wrote simply but
realised it is unlikely to be simple to implement) change the reference to
relative if the relative path evaluates to the folder specified in Collect
referenced pictures instead of making copies with a new name.

It looks like something I've not thought of some of the problems with.