[softwarelist] Re: Object snap, frames, guidelines -

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:16:45 +0100

Hi,

In message <20120420141250.4983A8E0247@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

With a grid displayed (at 1mm intervals) on a document viewed at 800% I was

That makes me think that the 'snap range' will be bigger than the distance between grid lines.

Under document preferences there is 'snap to guidelines' and 'snap to objects' so that gives you some scope to turn one or the other off.

I think I'm working around the concept of what is being snapped to, and what takes priority.

It sounds to me as if the code for selecting guidelines does not adapt to the view zoom/scale.

I sympathise with selecting guidelines being difficult. Yes a display of the locations of all gl's or some easier way of handling them would be good.

Testing things just now, the pointer does not change, unless it is something else for example the text caret, when you move over the gl. I didn't have much trouble selecting the gl at any scale, but sometimes I do have problems with drawn lines, and I often resort to the technique of drawing out a 'marquee' box, not a technique which works with gl's.