[softwarelist] Re: OPro Printing to PDF Problem

  • From: Frank Watkinson <frank@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:31:19 +0100

In article <4fb0c7ff97lists@xxxxxxxx>,
   lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OPro crashes my Iyonix when I go to print a file to PDF. 'Ovation Pro
> ... internal error ... type 5 ...' and the machine becomes useless. On
> one occasion I was faced with a red screen and with filer windows
> faintly visible. A reset is required each time.

> Whereas, another OPro file I have prints successfully to PDF. To
> check this, I just tried it again now.

> So it's apparently the actual document.
> I tried saving it as DDL. Same error - machine crashes.

> How can I 'clean up' this problematic OPro document?

> OPro 2.77
> PrintPDF v0.45 then upgraded to
> PrintPDF v0.52 same result
> GPL Ghostscript 8.54 - RISC OS 1.04
> Printers v1.72
> PrintSpool v2.14
> RO 5.13

> Brian

No problem here, but this may be due to the font substitution
necessary because of the absence of 2 fonts (Gen.XCrumble ... ). The
"..." presumably represents the second font to be substituted. The
temporary replacement fonts in the document tested here, are 12pt
London A (for two styles), and 10pt Trinity (for the third style).

Have you used !FontPrint either to map the non-standard fonts in your
document to some other PostScript font , or to specifically "Download"
them to the PostScript printer driver when starting up !Printers?

PrintPDF 0.45
OPro 2.77 (2-June-2006)
AFPL GhostScript 8.53 - RISC OS 1.03 (21-Apr-06)
Printers 1.72
PostScript Level 2
RISC OS 5.10

Are the above differences significant?

The resulting file/pdf loads satisfactorily in !RiScript, !PDF and
Acrobat Reader 8.0.0 (on Windows via UniLaunch - part of UniPrint).

Regards.

Frank.

--
Frank Watkinson.     email:  <frank@xxxxxxxx>
   Using !Pluto 3.04c on Iyonix 5.10. Also VARPC-Adjust on laptop.