[softwarelist] Re: OPW won't open DDL

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 06:36:29 GMT

In message <796D98FF-49D9-4C08-A505-4708AEF0B562@xxxxxxxx>
          Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yesterday, I created an OPW document containing a series of JPEG
> images. The images were reference, and saved in a subdirectory inside
> the directory containing the OPW document.

> Today, I changed the name of the directory. Understandably, OPW I
> couldn't view the images inside the OPW file. So, I saved the file as
> DDL and edited the DDL (picture references) with the new path name for
> the directory (using Notepad) ... and re-saved the DDL file. However,
> when I tried to open the DDL file with OPW, I got "File format not
> supported". Is that supposed to happen?

> If I set the directory name to what it was originally, I can open the
> original OPW file and view the images. And when I save the file as
> DDL, OPW has no problem recognizing the DDL file format.

> What have I missed?
> C.B.

I find it best if referencing to a subdirectory off of where the
OvPro file is to have a reference for each picture such as:

{filepath}.^.subdirectory.picture/jpg

Once all referenced pictures are setup like this, this method has the
advantage of being able to move the OvPro file and subdirectory of
pictures to another directory or computer (RISC OS or Windows) without
alteration.

Bernard
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/