[softwarelist] Re: Incremental saving - OPW

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:41:32 GMT

On 16 Mar 2009  "jeff wallis" <jeff.wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

Apologies from this Acornista (or is that Acornistum in the singular?)

> My original enquiry on this thread was for OP for Windows but it seems to
> have been hi-jacked by the 'Acornistas'.

> I tried Dave Symes' one line macro  {save_incremented()}  - a button duly
> appeard in my toolbar but clicking on it produces the error message "unknown
> identifier save_incremented at line 1 in macro'.

That's because the macro is generated by the applet, as I understand
things, which is not very well.

> Is this macro only for RiscOS - if so, does anyone have something that would
> be suitable for the Windows version?

I think it's RISC OS only. However, one dirty way of doing what Jeff
wants (mentioned by me in this thread) is to use the QuickSave app,
which is available for OPW; see
http://www.davidpilling.info/cd/applets.html

HTH,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.