[softwarelist] Re: Find subscript

  • From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation Pro List <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:03:06 +0100 (BST)

In <URL:news:local.opro> on Thu 24 May, Peter Prewett wrote:
> Anthony Hilton wrote:
> > In <URL:news:local.opro> on Thu 24 May, Peter Prewett wrote:
> >> There must be a trick in replacing subscript/superscript
> >> with normal text but I have not found it yet:-((
> >>
> >> I have tried everything I can think off to do so all it
> >> tells me it is not found or it just replaces it with itself.
> >>

> >> Need to replace bold subscript s with a normal s.
> >
> > How was the subscript and bold applied - local effects or
> > styles?
> My wife would have used local effects.
>
> Tried using DLL and Notepad but could not get it to work as the
> subscript s entry has to be deleted and the previous entry has to
> have the normal s added, to do that was beyond me:-((

Glad you've been able to sort it out a different way. If the formatting you
had to replace was fairly simple saving as text and re-importing may well
have been the quickest and easiest option.

My example didn't delete the subscript s, simply the code in the DDL which
switched bold and subscript on and off. That would have been 2 separate
operations searching for the formatting code and replacing with nothin , or a
single operation searching for the first formatting line, the "s" and the
second formatting line and replacing with "s".

Where STORY_116 in the example showed:

"part"

"s"

The blank line in the middle is where the formatting commands "{bold 1}{super
0}{sub 1}" have been deleted and there was a blank after the "s" where
"{bold}{sub}" had been deleted.

When the DDL was imported to Opro it showed corectly as "parts" with no
space horizontally or vertically beraking it, all in the same font and size.

Anthony

--
ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx