[softwarelist] Embedded objects in DDL files

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Pilling \(softwarelist\)" <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:29:56 -0000

Sorry if you get two of these - I just realised I posted to the old address.
Here's a duplicate:

Hello, David,

I have a program which produces a simple DDL file of the form

  STORY_001={story
  "TITLE"
  {newpara}
  {endoftext}
  }

which I then drop into a master OvationPro document to produce the finished
work.

This works fine but I would like to enhance the DDL file to contain embedded
lines.  I was hoping that the following would work:

  RULE_001={line
  {thickness 2000}
  {fcurve {path {move 0 0}{draw 100000 0}{end}}}
  }

  STORY_001={story
  "TITLE"
  {newpara}
  {embed RULE_001}
  {newpara}
  {endoftext}
  }

but it gives Type 5 errors when dropped into a document.  I have tried various
other arrangements but without success.  Is there some way I can achieve what I
was aiming for?

Seasonal Greetings
John Grogan