[softwarelist] Re: DPLngscan error message

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:17:03 +0100

In message <4ef2f30b97dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Canon IX-4015 DPLingScan 1.24 Twain 2.

Gosh that is a classic model.

I was scanning some old 24pin Dot matrix printed documents and assumed the
scanning window setting right in the centre that defaults to "No
correction" when re set to "DotMatrix" would give me a cleaner scan, it
errored out.

Surprising. Those settings are Epson specific and should be disabled on the other drivers.

I can't recall how they are disabled, possibly by editing the templates file, if so template upgrades may have restored them.