[softwarelist] DPLngscan error message

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:30:35 +0100

In article <gF6knOAnvVcGFw32@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4ef2cbcf6ddfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
> >"Target Status-Check condition" Any ideas please? As changing the
> >settings back... and off we scanned again.

> That is a typical SCSI error. Probably you asked the scanner to scan
> with parameters that it could not handle - for example an illegal
> resolution or an area that was too big.

> Tell me what sort of scanner is it?

Canon IX-4015 DPLingScan 1.24 Twain 2.

I was scanning some old 24pin Dot matrix printed documents and assumed the
scanning window setting right in the centre that defaults to "No
correction" when re set to "DotMatrix" would give me a cleaner scan, it
errored out.

I can't actually remember which now, but couple of the settings errored
out, and another one worked, but presented the scan upside down and the
text backwards.

If you really want to know, I could run it again over the weekend.

Cheers
Dave S

PS: I appreciate the Canon is now very old, but generally it still works,
and it is difficult to get a new scanner that'd work under RO.
D.