[softwarelist] An OvPro Question

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:56:28 +0100

No biggy but none-the-less an annoyance.

I have both OvPro for RISC OS and OvPro for Windows, and when writing my
tutorials/manuals/how-to documents for those who ask, I tend to use OvPro
for MS-Windows.

As I do the majority of my illustrations on the Windows side (An
occasional Drawfile being the exception) it's obviously the ideal solution
for me.

The finished document, is then converted to a PDF and sent to the person
requesting the help.

That all works a treat.

Recently someone said they used RISC OS OvPro, so I could send them the
OvPro version.
Completed the document in Win OvPro, converted to PDF as I always do, then
took the Tutorial.dpd to the RISC OS version of OvPro to check it was okay.

But it was not.

Yes the document opened in RISC OS OvPro okay, it displayed okay, with the
exception of lines and arrows (Endcaps) used over the illustrations, to
point to salient features in the illustrations.

Lines appear larger, and the endcap arrows are *very* large compared to
the document as viewed in the Win OvPro.

The illustrations themselves (Jpegs) display exactly the same in either
version of OvPro, and the lines and arrows are still in the same place on
the illustration, just enlarged.

It's worth noting Win RISC OS is running on a Win7 pro machine, and the
RPCEmu for RISC OS (6.20) OvPro is also running on the same machine.

Any thoughts please?
Thanks
Dave

--