[darkice] Re: Installation problem on a Raspberry Pi

  • From: Dave Pascoe <davekm3t@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:06:02 -0400

OK...try this configure line:

./configure
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-lame-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
--with-alsa-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
--with-samplerate-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

or

or

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--with-vorbis-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
--with-jack-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
--with-alsa-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
--with-faac-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
--with-aacplus-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
--with-samplerate-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
--with-lame-prefix=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ CFLAGS='-march=armv6
-mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard'

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Stefan Schäfer <dk7fc@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Dave,

Many thanks for your feedback.
Following your suggestion i'm getting the following results:
pi@Raspi1 ~/darkice-1.2 $ sudo apt-get install libmp3lame0-dev
libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev libsamplerate0-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libmp3lame0-dev
pi@Raspi1 ~/darkice-1.2 $ sudo apt-get install libvorbis-dev libogg-dev
libasound2-dev libsamplerate0-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libasound2-dev is already the newest version.
libogg-dev is already the newest version.
libogg-dev set to manually installed.
libsamplerate0-dev is already the newest version.
libvorbis-dev is already the newest version.
libvorbis-dev set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 71 not upgraded.

###

Maybe i should have said that i was running Darkice-1.0 successfully
before on that machine. I am running a 16bit 48kS/s stereo vorbis q=1.0
stream 24/7, that is the goal. Some day ago i run the stream in mono, which
was working well. Now in stereo i'm getting a signal drop. The steam was
still running, showing 22 kbps or so (instead of the 480 kbps when
everything worked fine) , but no signal. This often happend after about one
hour. The CPU usage was still in the same range (68%), maybe one or two
percent lower...
I thought it may be better to update to the latest version where the cause
may have been solved years ago. So i removed Darkice-1.0 today and wanted
to update...

Now, the components (vorbis, alsa, icecast2, mpd...) seem to be already
there. But what could it be now?
Any more ideas?

Regards, Stefan

Am 22.06.2015 16:25, schrieb Dave Pascoe:

You are missing some libraries and header files.

Try this:

sudo apt-get install libmp3lame0-dev libvorbis-dev libogg-dev
libasound2-dev libsamplerate0-dev

That should get you started...you may find that you need some other
libraries, depending on what capabilities you want in darkice.

Dave

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Stefan Schäfer <dk7fc@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and hope that someone can help me. Probably this
problem is reported quite often...
Today i wanted to install Darkice-1.2 on my Raspberry.
When running "sudo ./configure", i'm getting these Warnings:

checking for lame library at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without lame
checking for vorbis libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without Ogg Vorbis
checking for opus libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without Ogg Opus
checking for faac library at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without faac
checking for aacplus library at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without aacplus
checking for twolame library at /usr ... found at /usr
checking for alsa libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without ALSA support
checking for pulseaudio libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not
found, building without PULSEAUDIO support
checking for jack libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found,
building without JACK support
checking for samplerate libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not
found, building libsamplerate support

I searched for a solution and found:
http://www.element14.com/community/thread/37699/l/darkice-12-with-latest-wolfson-master-image?displayFullThread=true
which sounded quite promising but didn't help. I also tried installing by
"sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr" and many more combinations but i'm always
getting these warnings.
In "/usr/include", i can find a folder "alsa" as well as "vorbis" and
"lame". There is also a "twolame.h" file into that folder but no folder
named "twolame".

What am i doing wrong or what do i misunderstand? I'm not a Linux expert,
but learned a lot in the past months :-)

Any help i highly apprechiated.

Regards, Stefan