[darkice] Installation problem on a Raspberry Pi

  • From: Stefan Schäfer <dk7fc@xxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:20:55 +0000

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and hope that someone can help me. Probably this problem is reported quite often...
Today i wanted to install Darkice-1.2 on my Raspberry.
When running "sudo ./configure", i'm getting these Warnings:

checking for lame library at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without lame
checking for vorbis libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without Ogg Vorbis
checking for opus libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without Ogg Opus
checking for faac library at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without faac
checking for aacplus library at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without aacplus
checking for twolame library at /usr ... found at /usr
checking for alsa libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without ALSA support
checking for pulseaudio libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without PULSEAUDIO support
checking for jack libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building without JACK support
checking for samplerate libraries at /usr ... configure: WARNING: not found, building libsamplerate support

I searched for a solution and found: http://www.element14.com/community/thread/37699/l/darkice-12-with-latest-wolfson-master-image?displayFullThread=true
which sounded quite promising but didn't help. I also tried installing by "sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr" and many more combinations but i'm always getting these warnings.
In "/usr/include", i can find a folder "alsa" as well as "vorbis" and "lame". There is also a "twolame.h" file into that folder but no folder named "twolame".

What am i doing wrong or what do i misunderstand? I'm not a Linux expert, but learned a lot in the past months :-)

Any help i highly apprechiated.

Regards, Stefan