[darkice] Re: DarkIce, ALSA & Intel HDA Audio

  • From: <brian_f_cox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:41:05 -0500

Thank you Drew! Once I looked at alsamixer again both capture sources were
to Mic.  I changed the source to Line and was able to capture audio in
arecord.  When I launched DarkIce / IceCast I had slow and garbled audio -
like playing a record (if anyone remembers those) and slowing it down.  I'm
not sure why I had I why to change the sample rate from 22050Hz to 44100Hz
but that took care of the slow problem.  The audio is choppy almost every
three seconds there is a bit of a stutter.  I'm not sure if that is because
I had to up the sample rate.  I assume I need to figure out to downgrade the
sample rate in ALSA.  I tried changing alsa.conf from defaults.pcm.dmix.rate
48000 to defaults.pcm.dmix.rate 22050 but that did not work.  So I am making
progress, I need to research & resolve the last few items and I should be
good.

Thank you very much every one that provided help and input! I knew I missing
something simple.  Sometimes the most obvious things do not jump out right
away.

-Brian

When you press F4 in alsamixer, what device is selected for capture?

all the best,

drew