[darkice] Re: DarkIce, ALSA & Intel HDA Audio

  • From: <brian_f_cox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:16:58 -0500

Hi Niels,

Yes, I found the ALSA device with arecord -l and it is not muted in the ALSA
mixer - I am able to hear the audio through the speakers perfect.  No audio
was captured with arecord.  I downgraded ALSA from 1.0.27.1 included with
Slackware64 14.1 to 1.0.26 from Slackware64 14.0.  I also tried upgrading
ALSA to 1.0.27.2 without any capture success.

The frustrating part is IceCast 2.3.3 / DarkIce 1.2 / Slackware64 14.0 are
running great on a 9 year old AMD machine.  I had zero difficulties to get
this working on the old machine.  I thought this would be an easy move to a
new dedicated system but it is proving to be quite difficult.

Thanks,

-Brian

---snip---
did you tried to find the correct ALSA device i.e. by

        aplay -l
        arecord -l

and made shure that the mixer settings are as required (un-muted etc.) i.e.
with

        alsamixer
?

Can you record from that device i.e. with arecord, mplayer, vlc or similiar?

Make shure that jack or another audio subsystem isn't "blocking" that device
too.

If recordings work, make shure that you have choosen the correct [input]
section parameters in darkice.cfg for your device.
---snip---