[dance-tech] Re: Wireless sensor packages...

  • From: Mark Coniglio <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:21:56 -0500

Also, you should take a look at The Kroonde

http://www.la-kitchen.fr/kitchenlab/kroonde-en.html

I had a chance to use this device in Monaco, and it is very high resolution (12 bit) very fast (400 samples/sec) and well designed. It also reports the data with OSC -- which can go right into Izzy. It's expensive too, but you get what you pay for.

Also, on a lower-res, but much less expensive note, my friend Eric singer is getting close to making a wireless version of his MidiTron (http://www.eroktronix.com/) -- don't know what the cost will be, but it will certainly be cheaper than either the IRCAM or La Kitchen boxes.

I'll post here when this is available for purchase.

Best,
Mark
Mark Coniglio, Artistic Co-Director | mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Troika Ranch Dance Theater          | http://www.troikaranch.org