[ctw] Re: Timeouts

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:28:29 -0400

Nick,

Let me look into it. What does qmail log say? Does qmail work find with ssl from mail.app? Has your new ssl certificate worked fine with other apps? Have you tried using the default or a self signed certif?

Tom

At 1:28 PM +1100 3/13/09, Nicholas Orr wrote:
The one and only issue I've got with ASSP is that I seem to be getting a lot of timeouts. For example, I've recently got a new *.goya.com.au certificate and set it up with ass, but if I turn on ssl in mail.app, I can only send one email before it starts to timeout. In mail.app it's showing as sending data and usually gets to 98 or 100% and then nothing and timeouts and doesn't go.

The assp logs show :

Mar-13-09 13:20:00 10599-07507 203.173.40.234 <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx> to: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                   Connection idle for 180 secs - Timeout
Mar-13-09 13:20:00 10599-07507 203.173.40.234 <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx> to: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [SMTP
                   Status] 451 Connection timeout, try later

The odd thing is that if I turn off SSL, the first time I retry I get the same problem. Then retry a second time and it works.

But I've got a lot of the same errors on incoming mail :

Mar-13-09 13:16:25 10403-06528 75.125.250.226 <other@xxxxxxxxxxx> to: local@localdomain.
                   com.au Connection idle for 180 secs - Timeout

I'm not sure what, and why as I can't diagnose it as it's all encrypted when it fails, is there any way to figure out what's going on?

This server isn't an EIMS box, it's running qmail/courier, which is a bit of a disaster as I do more fumbling than real work, but it shouldn't matter should it?

Thanks,
Nick
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctwpost: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx