[ctw] Re: Timeouts

  • From: Nicholas Orr <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:29:42 +1100

That first para should read "set it up with assp". Where'd I put that p? :)

On 13/03/2009, at 1:28 PM, Nicholas Orr wrote:

The one and only issue I've got with ASSP is that I seem to be getting a lot of timeouts. For example, I've recently got a new *.goya.com.au certificate and set it up with ass, but if I turn on ssl in mail.app, I can only send one email before it starts to timeout. In mail.app it's showing as sending data and usually gets to 98 or 100% and then nothing and timeouts and doesn't go.

The assp logs show :

Mar-13-09 13:20:00 10599-07507 203.173.40.234 <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx> to:
email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Connection idle for 180 secs - Timeout
Mar-13-09 13:20:00 10599-07507 203.173.40.234 <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx> to: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [SMTP
                  Status] 451 Connection timeout, try later

The odd thing is that if I turn off SSL, the first time I retry I get the same problem. Then retry a second time and it works.

But I've got a lot of the same errors on incoming mail :

Mar-13-09 13:16:25 10403-06528 75.125.250.226 <other@xxxxxxxxxxx> to: local@localdomain.
                  com.au Connection idle for 180 secs - Timeout

I'm not sure what, and why as I can't diagnose it as it's all encrypted when it fails, is there any way to figure out what's going on?

This server isn't an EIMS box, it's running qmail/courier, which is a bit of a disaster as I do more fumbling than real work, but it shouldn't matter should it?

Thanks,
Nick
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctwpost: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx