[cst_2014_board] Re: Pls advise regarding Volunteer deposits

  • From: "Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:19:03 -0600

Again, another opportunity to put onto paper the policy we will follow as
regards to how we will handle these deposits!

This year we can just send out that e-mail to those 4 or 5 families not meeting
the obligation (pays for State Meet T-shirts anyway).  Next year, we can state
that we will contact those that have not met their obligation before their
checks will be deposited into the CST accounts.  This gives them an opportunity
to file a formal “protest” if they think our recordkeeping is incorrect.  It
can just be something like “CST has no record of your family fulfilling its
volunteer requirement during the swim season.  This is to inform you that your
check will soon be deposited into the CST account.  If you think this may be in
error, please contact the volunteer coordinator”.

As for those meeting the obligation, this year a blanket e-mail can just go out
and state that they have met the volunteer requirement and their check will be
securely shredded unless they would prefer to have their check returned to
them. Next year the statement will be along the lines of “at the end of the
season, families with recorded volunteer commitments will have their deposit
checks securely shredded.  If you would prefer to have your check returned, you
may request that in person.”

Thoughts everyone?

-Heidi