[cst_board] Re: Collindale tax return

  • From: John Hutton <john.f.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:20:17 -0600

Hi Lisa -

Sorry for the delay.

Turns out Marlene had already talked to our friend, and she had no help to give. :-(

I still believe we DON'T put this on your taxes. We go ahead and try to figure out the non profet status and then just file as if we were always a non profit. May not be letter of the law, but certainly the spirit. :-)

Yours, john

On 4/12/2015 4:34 PM, Lisa Hubert wrote:

Hi John,
Did you get a chance to ask your friend about filing 2014 after we are a
nonprofit? I am doing my own tax return right now and want to include
Collindale if necessary. It will be easier than having to file a late business
return. I do mine in TurboTax, which shows me my refund/taxes-due amount
throughout the process. I would enter all of my own personal taxes, see what
the refund/taxes due amount is, enter Collindale's income/expenses, and then
get the final refund/taxes due amount. The difference is what Collindale owed
in taxes.

Lisa