[cst_2014_board] Ashlyn

  • From: "Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 10:21:31 -0600

Have just talked with Amanda - and waiting to hear from John Theiman.
Apparently the "medical" issue was a discrete way to indicate that Ashlyn
had started her period this summer and was uncomfortable being in the water.
Having been there with two daughters, I am completely sympathetic to the
situation.  It's a difficult situation for the parents to manage (especially
if this is a first daughter) to be both honest and discrete and not have it
be awkward too.  However, all of us "girls" can understand, and certainly
men can too.

While it doesn't diminish the need to have open communication (the coaches
were not expressly told that she was leaving the team), I think we need to
lean on the side of cancelling the volunteer check.

I do want to be sure that the lines of communication are open with the
parents though.  I expect to be able to tell him at the end of our
conversation that we will handle their volunteer check as they wish.

Ugh - how to create a "policy" around this??

Changing to

Adults

Presents

"Situations"  J