[csdn-sa] Re: Official (But Temporary) Web-Site

  • From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:43:49 +1030

David,

> I mention this cos it seems no one is quite sure of the
> price.

We agreed that the cost of the CD's is $2 per CD plus an extra donation
if the purchaser so desired.

> "The price of these is $5 per CDR which includes a $2 per
> CDR donation to the relevent project (eg. Debian, RedHat,
> Mandrake etc)."

You're entitled to sell open source CD's for whatever price and donate
something back to the CSDN-SA; however it struck me as being reasonably
clear $2 per CD both covered costs and a slight excess to donate to the
community or for the upkeep of the organisation itself.

After much discussion we had a decision that the CD's were to be $2, no
frills affairs that did precisely what a distribution network does -
distributes distributions.

DSL
--
This is the Computer Software Distribution Network - SA