[cryptome] Re: UK Office of Surveillance Commissioners; Annual Report 2014

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 10:57:01 +0100

Hi Ryan,
I have never been asked that one before...I use tiny url in an email because I have found in the past that some of the url's are so long that when people click on them, they only get a bit of the original, and therefore get led astray. The second reason I use tiny url is because it allows me to check that the link gets to the website before I post it. Mind you that doesn't stop me from confusing the websites...:-) . Why do you ask, is it against some rule of netiquette, or are you just being curious...

On 06/09/14 07:59, Ryan Carboni wrote:
why do you use tinyurl for an email?

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:24 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Dear Colleagues,
    The latest report of the above organisation has now been
    published.  You will find the complete report on url:
    *http://tinyurl.com/l2csmc9*

    And a synopsis by "Big Brother Watch" on tiny url:
    *http://tinyurl.com/kjumspq*

    Enjoy....:-)
    ATB

    P.S. it includes a report on Big Brother in Scotland this
    year...Scotland might have its own next year...:-) .  Now, isn't
    that something to look forward to...